|8.50 am||School commences|
|3.00 pm||School finishes|
|3.10 pm||School bus pick up|
The term dates for 2017
|Term 1||Wed 1 February – Friday 7 April||Monday 30 January – Friday 11 April|
|Break||Saturday 8 April – Sunday 23 April||Saturday 8 April – Sunday 23 April|
|Term 2||Monday 24 April – Friday 30 June||Monday 24 April – Friday 30 June|
|Break||Saturday 1 July – Sunday 16 July||Saturday 1 July – Sunday 16 July|
|Term 3||Monday 17 July – Friday 22 September||Monday 17 July – Friday 22 September|
|Break||Saturday 23 September – Sunday 8 October||Saturday 23 September – Sunday 8 October|
|Term 4||Monday 9 October – Thursday 14 December||Monday 9 October – Friday 15 December|
- All students start the school year on Wednesday 1 February and end the school year on Thursday 14 December.
- There are seven school development days decided by the school where students do not attend:
- Two of these days are before the school year starts for students and one day is after the school year ends for students.
- Each school schedules another four days throughout the year in consultation with its school council/board and school community.
School Development Days
The development days for Bremer Bay Primary School in 2017 are:
- Term 1- Monday 30th January and Tuesday 31st January
- Term 2 – Monday 24th April
- Term 3- Friday 18th August
- Term 4- Monday 9th October and Friday 15th December.
Students are not required to attend on these development days. There may be some minor changes to these but you will be notified if that is the case.
Sick Children, Asthma and First Aid Policy
While we do not like children to miss school, we ask that if your child is unwell, they stay at home. We have no facilities to take care of unwell students and it is very distressing for the children to be away from the care of home at such times. Parents or emergency contacts will be phoned when children are ill at school.
The school has a basic first aid kit located in the staff room. If the condition is serious, contact will be made with the parents via the Enrolment card. Minor cuts and scratches can be treated by the teachers concerned.
Records are kept of accidents and treatment administered. Contact is made with the Nursing Post when necessary.